Almond oil is such a versatile oil for both kitchen and beauty cupboards. When ingested it is said to reduce cholesterol and lower blood sugar levels making it an attractive oil to use in recipes along the likes of Olive and Avocado oils.
Some of the beauty benefits which can be derived from this oil include :
- Excellent moisturiser helping with dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- Is said to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and helps support sagging skin
- Can help with under eye dark circles and puffiness as it has anti-inflammatory properties
- Is said to help minimise stretchmarks.
- Is a light oil and therefore a favourite for massage and as a carrier oil for essential oils
- Is useful in sunscreen preparations due to it’s SPF of 6 (it’s not recommended for use as a sunscreen on it’s own) and helps to rejuvenate the skin during and after sun exposure as it contains Vitamin E
- Great for treating dandruff which results from a dry scalp
- Strengthens the hair thus reducing hair loss and encourages growth
- Detangles hair, makes it look shiny and lustrous and is great to use as a hot oil treatment